Sunday, May 4, 2008

A MacGyver Movie Coming Soon!



According to this Gizmodo post:

MacGyver creator (and real life inspiration) Lee David Zlotoff announced he has a big budget MacGyver movie in the planning stages.

Yeah! MacGyver was my all-time high school hero. His influence in my life is that every time I do some hacking of sorts, the MacGyver intro music automatically plays in my brain. And so the waiting clock starts...

Of course for me the period between waiting and being able to see a film is like this. I read the news online, wait until the movie is finished and shown theatrically, wait a couple of months before the DVD rip appears on mininova or pirate bay (this period includes trying very hard to avoid downloading the cam or screener version which are still pretty low quality), download the film (takes between 24 to 1 million hours here in our neck of the woods), and finally watching the movie.

And as much as I liked Richard Dean Anderson as the original MacGyver, I hope that his only appearance in this new incarnation would be just a cameo. I mean, Richard Dean Anderson must be pretty old by now.

By the way. MacGyver's first name is Angus.

No comments: